2019 POTD Thread Archive

Made a transmission/engine tear down table with adjustable feet.
Not quite done yet but looking good.
The idea is, the transmission fluid drains to the back and collects in a receptacle to keep it contained.
Still not sure if the adjustable legs will be adequate or I may build in the tilting table.
I welded every inch of the rail so it won’t leak.

The idea is, the transmission fluid drains to the back and collects in a receptacle to keep it contained.
Still not sure if the adjustable legs will be adequate or I may build in the tilting table.
View attachment 287049View attachment 287050View attachment 287051
Really good idea! Should save plenty of clean up time!

That's a good looking table you've made, i would suggest to run a thick bead of oil resistant silicone at the edge, to keep the sides oil tight and to make it easy to clean up with a squeegee at the end of a job.

Actually, I thought of that. I decided to run a MIG bead all the way around.
I tried to run 6 " sections alternating to reduce heat. It came out real well.
Today I ran some water, found the low spot on the left side. Drilled a 3/4" hole. Ran a 45 degree angle bevel to drain.
Cut a piece of pipe on the lathe with a bevel, welded it to the underside and attached a hose for drainage into a gallon receptacle on the table shelf.
We have needed this for a long time now.

Yesterday i got a call from a friend, who took on this job, to make a trike with functional pedals and drum brake from a normal child's bike, is for for a child with some disabilities, first thing i did is to disassemble all but the front wheel,i remove the axles, bearings and found out that all the parts are china garbage and i need to sleeve and reinforce everything, i decided to use a 14mm axle, but there are no bearings with 14mm internal diameter so i bought bigger bearings and i'll make sleeves with set screws to locate the axle in the bike frame, i bought 6003 zz bearings, 1 metre of 14mm and 0,5 meter of 24mm of 4140 steel, i could use some ting like cold roll or hot rolled steel but i prefer to use better quality to avoid material failure. Then i started on machining the bearing housings, i made them from a solid piece, then i took them the parts to the big garage, cut the frame and welded the bearing housings on it, i run out of time for today but i'll be back to finish it tomorrow.

It's nice you're posting this project. I'm working in a plant that only allows 3 wheel bikes or golf carts. I have a golf cart but I prefer to use my push scooter (not allowed) because the cart can be a pain with the limited access. I'm contemplating building a 3 wheeler and very interested in your mods, thanks for the pictures.

It's nice you're posting this project. I'm working in a plant that only allows 3 wheel bikes or golf carts. I have a golf cart but I prefer to use my push scooter (not allowed) because the cart can be a pain with the limited access.

At a previous job place we had Still Electric trucks and forklifts with the limiter set at 1mph, no joke they wore slower than walking, on my second day at work i borrow a laptop and up the limiter to 8 Mph, the other departments fide out and exchange it over the weekend, so new week i again do the same, keep in mind this is illegal and some colleges thinking they will score points with the supervisor, tell him what i've been doing, by this time i've been working couple of months and have tweaked half of the Electric trucks and forklifts. The supervisor come and ask me have i've been messing with the Still's i told him exactly how i've been modifying them next words of his mouth wore: can you speed all of them even more, i said sure and that was my task for the rest of the day he even gave me his laptop to use, the other departments were very happy, and the colleges that tried to get me fired couldn't look me in the eyes for a week. So be careful if you have jealous colleges around you.

Back