2021 POTD Thread Archive

Have had that mixer for quite a while now. Its great, we bucket the gravel into a trailer then 7, 5 gallon pails of gravel and a bag of cement and drive to where you want it. No wheel barrow involved. lol

Greg

More progress on the acute sharpening jig over the past week. Most of it is done, I need to tidy up some rough bits where some parts had been laser cut - and then it’s onto the fixture block that holds the endmills / lathe tools etc.

E75AE157-4FDD-44F2-BF55-A725BFDCC8E6.jpeg0A47CF58-73B4-4224-87C2-D749AE769C9C.jpeg345C051E-2239-4DCF-A8D3-2704B78329D5.jpeg

Oh, and I printed some spooky hair pins for my wife, my cousin & her daughter for when they visit soon. We’re off to Harry Potter world, and it should be all decked out for halloween. I have a very excited little girl coming to visit, and she still doesn’t know where she’s going or what we have in store for her birthday treat. I have no idea what’s going to happen when we actually tell her… Her Mum & my other half are quite excited too. :p

1542222C-EF76-4843-9140-62532959794B.jpeg

Heated my house with a Fisher Grandma Bear for many years. There good stoves. Mike

My aunt has a Fisher, maybe a little bigger in her basement. I cut her wood for years, till some of her other family told her she was too old to be firing the stove. Ho, she was only about 86 at the time. Got her in the side by side atv this summer and took her up her late uncles hunt camp. We figured it had been about 55 years since we were there on snow mobiles one weekend. I was a kid then, she turns 91 in 2 months, great lady, up for anything.

Greg

Glad thats over with.
Poured the footings for the new shed, 17 bags of portland latter.
Poured the base Wednesday, stripped the forms yesterday and moved them up for a 6 inch knee wall.
Thank god for friends, had one stop in both days to give the young lad and I a hand.
Senior citizens should know beter than doing this lol
View attachment 380474

The mixer does a full bag at a time.

View attachment 380478

Greg
I appreciate your work ethic!
I would just call the concrete truck.
Looking good!!

On a small pour like this I honestly think its easier mixing it. Would have to wheel barrow the cement from the truck to the forms, not fun, and could do it in two pours to save forming material. Plus, with the building boom going on its not easy to schedule a truck, let alone for a part load.

Greg

Back