Potential New Lathe Owner - Info About Enco 110-2075

ksp

Registered
Registered
I have an opportunity to purchase a 110-205 and the owner is asking 1500. Can anyone give me advice on it and is that a reasonable price? I have never run a lathe and basically want one to learn on and make some small parts and thread.

Can you post a picture? What accessories does it come with, e.g. steady rest, follower rest, 3 and 4 jaw chucks, threading change gears, etc. For a comparison I bought my Enco 110-2072 about four years ago for $1,100. It's a 1989 model made in Taiwan. Didn't have a follower rest or a four jaw but did come with a 5C collet closer.

I haven't been disappointed with mine.

Tom S

Here is a picture. I really don't know a lot about it yet, haven't seen it in person.

Here is a picture. I really don't know a lot about it yet, haven't seen it in person.
I have one that looks identical to the one you are looking at. I bought it new about 7 years ago. The only problem I've had with it is the oil leak from the apron, but I know how to fix it, when it gets too unbearable.
I have all my documents, and they are probably also out there on the web. I know they made a Grizzly lathe that also looks identical, and their manuals are easily downloaded.

Dan

Looks like that lathe came out of production based on the wear on levers and threads and feeds plate. Also the stamping number on it indicates either a factory use or auction item #. Looks pretty well warn from photo, I would want to see it operate before I paid what seems like top dollar for a worn, light duty machine. Maybe in person I would feel different.

michael

Thanks guys for the response, I thought it looked well worn as well. I was thinking 1500 was high also. I'll have to check it out.

Back