powder coating oven

Bad grammer, I actually meant just insulate the housing.
I will block all the side holes and gaps in the housing so no hot air will suck or blow.
I am thinking that unless the motor is rated for that kind of heat, I'd leave it exposed.
The blower has a weird silicone type bearing opposite the motor so I have a doubt it is although the fan rotor is metal bladed.
Looking at some oven parts diagrams they appear to be for blowing air over the outside of the oven towards the door, possibly to actually cool the door???
So maybe it wont stand up to the heat. The major problem as I see it is the silicone bearing plate will deform or the motor windings will get too hot.
If that happens its relatively easy to make a new end plate for the rotor and extend the motor shaft getting it well away from the heat but I dont want to do that unless its necessary.

Finished the rear of the oven
oven-27.jpg
Now started on the door.
I stripped the glass out of the old oven and cleaned it but in the end I decided to rebuild the original door and set in in to my door.
oven-28.jpg
All so I can watch paint dry.

Got both sides of the door sheeted and in the process it twisted.
Closed at the top but wide open by 5" at the bottom so I placed a wedge at the top and clamped the bottom to twist it the other way
oven-29.jpg

It worked spot on
oven-30.jpg

Finishing off the wiring and door lock. Cant wait to fire her up.

Finished. (Well almost)
The door shuts and holds tight,
The door gasket has to harden fully then I can trim the excess off, I used a high temp silicone as the gasket and greased the door frame so I could clamp them lightly together without them sticking.
oven-31.jpg

All the wiring is done and it works.
Each item has its own warning light.
oven-32.jpg
A splash of bolognaise and it almost looks edible!
The thermostat actually turns off the power at its lowest setting, turn it up and the power light comes on, flick the switch for the second element and that light comes on, turn the fan on and that light comes on.
The thermostat controls both heating elements so both lights turn off when the thermostat trips.
Both heating elements get hot.
I have to install the thermometer so I can read it outside the oven.
First job is to calibrate the thermostat, then I can fully cure the exhaust white paint inside and then its flat out powder coating the bits for the telescope to finish that.
Only another 6973 projects in the pipeline:bang head:

first test is a possible let down.
According to the new oven thermometer it only gets to 185'C, I need 200.
But, when I opened the door and tested a metal bracket inside it read 204'C with my infra red thermometer which I would believe more than the cheap dial one.
However, the door warps at temp so heat leaks out there and the fan also pumps a bit of heat out its sides.
So, still work to do.
Think I should also add another element.

With a door that long, you need a latch near the top and another near the bottom. ( Connect them with a common rod so they work together).

And a more pronounced gasket.
I will re make the door latch with 4 in total hooks to close it all the way down and add another hinge in the middle.
Cant do anything for the next two days, hosp appointments.

The oven is finished and works. No more leaks and gets up to temperature.
Built a spray booth from wood and plastic sheeting.
spray-booth.jpg
and test sprayed a can
tin-test.jpg
That looks a nice shiny black to me.
Now to strip the spray paint off the scope pier and sand blast a few parts and get them coated.

Back