Powder measure back to life

This website is a great read about starting smokeless powder with an electric charge... which is exactly what the author was trying to do. He even tried to ignite smokeless powder with a taser... and could not.

http://www.ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments/electric_ignition/eignition.html

If I recall the author even tried to use an electric charge through real black powder to prime the smokeless powder to no avail. Lighting gun powder electronically is a lot harder that you would expect!

My biggest problems with static are in cleaning out the measures to change powders. Small grained ball powders are especially likely to stick on the walls in significant (annoying) qty. This is even with me living on the Texas Gulf Coast, hardly a dry area prone to static. The deterrent coating on modern smokeless powders does a remarkable job of making it insensitive to heat, and static. You have to try hard to get it to burn, even a match held to it takes a second or three to ignite it. True black powder is another story...but I have special equipment for that.

Back