Power draw bar

Bluedog

Registered
Registered
Does anyone have a power drawbar on their Wells Index Mill? I have a 747 mill and would like to add one. I’ve been looking at some of the plans for pneumatic ones available online to build one and was wondering just how they attach to the mill, to determine what modifications would need to be made to the designs to attach to my mill. There is a ring with 4 screws around the drawbar. Is this where it would attach, or is it necessary to drill and tap the top of the head?
Thanks

Here's mine post # 6

Does anyone have a power drawbar on their Wells Index Mill? I have a 747 mill and would like to add one. I’ve been looking at some of the plans for pneumatic ones available online to build one and was wondering just how they attach to the mill, to determine what modifications would need to be made to the designs to attach to my mill. There is a ring with 4 screws around the drawbar. Is this where it would attach, or is it necessary to drill and tap the top of the head?
Thanks

I have my Kurt off my 860 at the moment and can take a couple pictures of the mill and power draw bar setup tomorrow.

-Ron

kurtdraw06.JPG

The four tapped holes on top of the "speed" lever is where it bolts on.

kurtdraw05.JPG

Just a zoom out pic.

kurtdraw04.JPG

The base of the Kurt power draw bar.

kurtdraw03.JPG

The unit sitting on it's side atop the 860.

kurtdraw02.JPG

Different side view.

kurtdraw01.JPG

Other side.

Hope that answers some questions.

-Ron

Thanks for the replies. Here is a pic of the top of my machine. I assume you would use longer bolts and attach the unit here? What is this ring on the WI 747?
Thanks 5CC06960-C7B0-44B2-8C92-AC6445D49BB9.jpeg5CC06960-C7B0-44B2-8C92-AC6445D49BB9.jpeg

I'm not familiar with the Standard Head but this might be of some help (but the files are a bit BIG - Sorry :guilty:)

StandardHeadSandwichAssembly.png

Here are the part numbers/descriptions:

StandardHeadPartnos.png

Click on the pics to get the full size version.

-Ron

Back