Power drawbar on a step pulley J-head?

ttabbal

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Has anyone got some pics of one installed? I'd like to build one, but the back gear and brake levers are right there. Most of the stuff I've found online is on vari-speed and other styles without much in the way. The best I've come up with so far is using spacers to push the assembly up out of the way while leaving some space for the levers to move.

Thanks! I can't believe I didn't think of ebay.

I searched YouTube and watched a bunch, but didn't see that one.

Check the prices on USA name brand stuff like Kurt or Dorian before you go off and buy a chinese kit... the prices on the good stuff are pretty reasonable.

Hmmm... The video is an ad/install video of a product that replaces the shift ring. Interesting idea, but I don't think I want to go that way.

Saw a couple of commercial units around. I don't really think $600 is particularly reasonable when a few people report a Chinese impact inside the case. Slightly higher end than the HF units, but still.. I want a US made impact for that price.

I'm more interested in a DIY setup, the ebay ads are interesting to see how they suggest mounting, but more than I want to spend on a few aluminum bits I could make with stuff in the pile and a $20 HF impact.

Back