Power feed for mill

Moper361

Registered
Registered
I Finished making my new hand crank wheels today for my mill ,After completion I started to think about power feed units ,Can anyone suggest a basic power feed unit that would fit my mill without to much modification attached pics of the mount and type of mill ,
It's a Chinese mill zx7045. I do not want to spend a fortune but a basic unit that will fit my mill would be good .image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I have an Enco 105 Mill/Drill with a power feed ( X direction) added on manufactured by Enco. The power feed is similar to those advertised by MSC, Travers etc.. It has adjustable travel limits incorporating a groove on the front face of the table. Your scale and readout unit in your picture look much like it..
Hopefully some knowledgeable machinists will be along to explain how to mount both tools.

You can build a very good power feed from a bargain bin cordless drill, a 10 dollar pwm controller from EBay, and a laptop power chord. If I can find the person who did the write up on it, I’ll let you know. In the meantime, just google homemade power feed for mill.

I made one for mine. I liked it, but my designing and machining ability (or lack of) hampered its functionality. I took it off to redo all the stuff I came up with on my own.

My PM25 X is powered by an automotive window motor with a jury-rigged controller and a battery charger. It goes up to 8 inches per minute. The clutch (to switch from hand to power feed) is a 11/16 socket sliding on a 3/8 square shaft on and off of a nut pinned to the lead screw.

Very nice hand cranks !

Back