Power feed wiring repair

Glenn Brooks

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hello All,
My Bridgeport clone Servo 90 table feed(right hand side drive) lost its power cord yesterday. One of the wires pulled loose from the bottom of the housing.

Originally thought this was a model 140. But found a plate showing Model 90. Initially It wouldn’t come apart, but today found a retaining arm that screws into the inside of the housing. This has to be removed to pull the assembly out of the housing. Then Initially I thought the Servo motor was pressed into the bottom mount, and couldn’t be removed. So looking for advice on how to disassemble and rebuild.

But just now found a diagram on line showing two sort of hidden mounting screws.( machine screws). So will go back out and try to further take apart...

If anybody has repaired these 90’s , appreciate any tips...

Thanks
Glenn

Last edited:
My first attempt to take my servo drive apart resulted in a "sproing" kind of sound followed by a phone call to Best Line to order another. These things are a nightmare of stuff inside.

Id listen to what JHruska said on PM. Even I wont touch 70s and 90s. They have been obsolete for quite some time. Didnt know ICAI or CM still touched them, but if they can help you out then give em a call.

Jon

Back