Power Options For Welding

And to be sure you and the machine are getting along, destructive testing is great for determining penetration and strength.

Details to remember as you use the machine. Welders have design constraints and we have to work within these constraints.

a) It is 120V input. A generator will be useful to avoid long extension cords, but you will not be able to plug this into 240V outlet.
b) Duty rating. A consideration for all machines. They cannot run all the time. The components need to rest and cool down. The duty rating of this machine is 20% at 90 amps. To attempt to weld the maximum 3/16in in one pass you would need to be running close to the maximum amps of 135A. The site does not state the duty rating at these amps, but it will be much less than 20%. So you may get one pass, but the unknown is the length of the pass.

The machine should turn off once the components get too hot with an internal thermal switch. This should then reset when the temperature cools down.

I was given a Miller Cricket flux core welder. Mine is also 120V input, but max 70 amps, so a lot less than your Eastwood machine. Hence I have to work around my constraints which is a machine with less amps than yours.

Back