Power twist belt

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I am thinking about changing to a link belt, but the dimensions are throwing me off, 3/8 or 1/2". The belt I'm using says .044 width, so what one to get?

0.44 inches

Original Equipment ManufacturerNAPA AUTOMOTIVE
OEM Part Number25-7430
Belt TypeCogged Automotive
VBG Replacement IdCGAT35452
Technical Specifications:(Inches)(mm)
Outside Circumference43.571106.68
Top Width0.4411.18
Belt Depth7.947.94
MaterialAuto Cogged
Belt SectionAW-15

The belt you are using, is that the stock size or just one that fit? Power Twist is a product by Fenner & IIRC they don't make link belts in all the metric sections/sizes. There are other makers of link belts but I'm not familiar with them.

Measure your pulley. If you use a 3/8 (3L) & your pulley is too wide it can bottom out in the pulley groove which you don't want. And if you use a 1/2 (4L/A) and your pulley is too narrow than that could lead to slipping also & even worse slip off if misaligned any.

What's the issue you are having with your belt now? Unless you'll benefit from a link belt there really isn't any advantage to using one other than you can size your own belts. Power Twist belts are expensive and technically they should not be ran in reverse but I do all the time. A good V-belt will be quieter also.

The China belt wore out, this is the closest I could get from NAPA. This one it tight, and the next increment is loose.

You should definitely measure the pulley & don't go based off the belt.

I feel comfortable calling it a 3/8" belt using the inside fingers of the dial caliper.

Back