Powermatic 143 Bandsaw

USNFC

Registered
Registered
Hey everyone, I thought I'd sneak in the first post on the new Powermatic section. I just picked up this Powetmatic model 143 wood/metal bandsaw. It has the typical ugly paint job that someone felt was better than the original, but it runs like a champ.
22608.jpg
22609.jpg
22607.jpg

Afternoon,.. I realize this is a dormant post but I was looking to see what you thought of the Powermatic 143, and how it performed on cutting steel stock for you? I've had the opportunity twice recently to pick up a used one from an industrial/Fab shop environment and before I pulled the trigger, missed out. Specifically, I would be cutting knife making steels/metals with it- 52100, 5160, A2, 80CRV2 , 1095, stainless Damascus , Titanium, etc.
Thanks .

Yes, it is a great saw. I use it for blade steels as well, and I haven't had an issue. Dave is correct though, you do need a quality blade. I have to admit, I've never cut titanium, so I'm not sure about that, but I have cut everything else on your list.

Thanks, Steve

I've got one as well and use it for cutting blade steel and titanium. I think it is a great machine as well.

I cut titanium using the higher speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one as well, I need to build new guides for it as mine are on their last leg, but its still a great saw. With a Lennox bi metal blade I have cut 1/2 steel in many shapes, I have no doubt it would cut thicker, the only limitations were the heat build up on the part.

Back