Pratt and whitney Jig borer

Durn! Just 12 hours to go, and no bids. Not that I could use it, or afford to transport it to AZ ... but still ... somebody ought to want it.

My thoughts exactly! I couldn't understand how there had not been any bids yet and even struggled with myself about whether I should financially take anymore on. The fact that I have no room to utilize it was the deal breaker.

Last edited:
It's a nice machine, but as the seller says it's "robust". It's got to be nearly 12' tall. Look at the door to the left of it. The door is 6' 8" and the machine towers another 4' or more over it. About the only place that would have sufficient room is a professional shop, and there aren't many that use them any more. I have some brochures on the older machines. The number 2A machine which has a similar size table is nearly 10' tall and weighs 8850 lbs.

A couple years ago I looked at a smaller model 1E Pratt & Whitney. It was about half the size, and still almost too big for a home shop. It was in excellent condition and did have a pile of tooling. Unfortunately while I was procrastinating it sold for $975.00. I'm still looking, but something about the size of a Moore #1 would be more appropriate for my shop. I have found a couple, but there was no tooling with either. In the scheme of things tooling can easily cost more than the machine.

so tempting, but "jig bore" doesn't go well with "hobby machinist", IMHO. It certainly would make holes a lot more true.

Don't be surprised if the seller pulls the ad if the price does not go up. If you want it, tease the bidding a little to keep his fingers off the yank button. Let him know there is interest...

Don't be surprised if the seller pulls the ad if the price does not go up. If you want it, tease the bidding a little to keep his fingers off the yank button. Let him know there is interest...

I would bet the seller has a reserve price. From previous experience the "reserve not yet met" message doesn't show up until at least 1 bid has been made.. I just checked the link and get a message that "the listing is no longer available".

If you really want a Pratt & Whitney there are still 4 others listed. The prices are a bit higher though, ranging from $1,950.00 to $8,500.00

They re-listed it with a "buy it now" -price of 10$ or something. Imagine what one would cost new!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back