Prayers for the Carolinas

mikey

Platinum
Staff member
Rest In Peace
Not sure which of our members are on the East Coast but Florence is hitting them really hard. Torrential rains, 12 deaths so far, a million homes without power and who knows how many billions of dollars in damage. Whoever you are, you are in my prayers and I fervently hope that you are okay.

I live on the East side of Oahu in Hawaii and we dodged a major bullet when Hurricane Lane missed us by less than a hundred miles a few weeks ago. Hurricane Olivia turned into a Tropical Storm just as she rolled right over the top of us this past week. Lots of rain and wind but nothing like Florence is dumping on the Carolinas right now.

If you can spare a minute to say a prayer for those poor folks, please do so.

Prayers going up.
Mike, glad to hear you were ok after the storms there.

I'm just outside Raleigh .here hasn't been too bad here.lots of rain and high winds.few power outages.but to the east they have caught hell and still are.besides wind damage the heavy(30") rain so far has caused massive flooding now.gonna be much worse in next couple days.cape fear river is gonna be appx 34 ft over flood stage.interstates 40 and 95 are flooded as are most roads in eastern side of nc.my favorite place surf city on topsail island is completely trashed.gonna take a long time for people to come back from this .but they will..

We are doing ok, since we live 25 miles northwest of Charlotte NC. For us it’s more of a rain event, we live on high ground so flooding isn’t concern directly. It may take a while for the rivers and creeks to rise, as long as the wind stays like it is we should be ok on the power.

Only time will tell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, but who could afford to buy tools and have them shipped there? And besides, some of us like beaches and not having to deal with snow!

You get used to the snow, but beaches in Hawaii are great. I just can't see Santa Claus riding a boogie board delivering presents

New treehouse on Queens road...terrible to see.
42917291920_85c4dc1d03_h.jpg

I can just imagine rain pouring in an running into my shop.

Robert

Back