Precision Mathews Rml 16-60 V Lathe Arrived

I restore old cars and tractors as a hobby but will be retiring in a few years and have other work lined up utilizing my machinery. The above pic is an old bronco I'm restoring as well as a hydraulic press I made and a new Acer mill I bought recently. Sorry for the double pics, not used to posting from my phone. If a mod could delete the extras I would appreciate it. Thanks

The Acer is a 9x49 and is exceptional quality as well. I didn't know about precision Mathews at the time I bought it

(snip)
As far as the test bar yeah I realize that. I wanted to break it in first before doing any work with it but testing the runout on the chuck and tail stock alignment proved to be exceptional I think you would agree.
.0002" runout test on a three jaw chuck is either very good or very lucky. You will need to check other diameters to see if the scroll is good at other diameters as well. I don't quite understand what or how you were testing with the bar in the three jaw and the other end of the bar on the tailstock center or how it related to tailstock alignment... Again and still, very nice lathe, Paul! You will get a lot of good use out of it!

Pb57 you are going to be busy...taking photos and videos so we can live vicariously through you! :D

Very nice! I'm not even back into another machine and I was already looking at the 16x40. Glad to hear the quality is very good.

Since nobody else is chiming in, :you suck: :aok:

Congratulations!

What a beast of a lathe! I would imagine a lathe that size making a lathe the size of my 1127VF!!

Thanks for the positive comments guys! I will try to take some videos to post soon. Paul

Some big specs!
Distance Between Centers
40" or 60"
Max. Swing over Bed
16"
Max Swing is Gap
25"
Width of Bed
12"
Spindle Mount/Bore
D1-6 2-1/4
Spindle Speeds, 12 steps