Precision Matthews , has given a 12x36 lathe to the youtube machinists for raffle , SUMMER BASH 2018

Nice to see a fellow member had the good fortune to win the lathe!

It is wonderful that a fellow H-M member won the lathe! I already have a Kent 13x40, so I would probably have passed it on to one of my buddies anyway. I can tell that you are someone who will really, actually use it for what it was made for. Great video, and gives closure to the raffle.

Last edited:
Congrats I have the same lathe, it is very nice. I like it a lot so far. Just got it up and running last week still tuning and adjusting it but it is sure solid and feels like a quality machine for its price.
CH

That was very generous of Matt.

Perhaps those of you who are not yet donating members would consider "buying a ticket" to this forum by becoming a supporting member.
It is just $10 a year:
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Thank you!

Congratulations !!

@ 48 seconds in it looked like it was headed to the scrap yard. I have never seen a driver just push a pallet jack off the edge of the lift gate like that. I understand the pallet landed on the gate but that's just irresponsible!

I thought that lathe had the base cabinets with it! Did they come later?

Congratulations !!

@ 48 seconds in it looked like it was headed to the scrap yard. I have never seen a driver just push a pallet jack off the edge of the lift gate like that. I understand the pallet landed on the gate but that's just irresponsible!

I agree, I thought the same! He said “let me do this, I was shown a trick by another driver” I thought it was going over the edge of the gate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that lathe had the base cabinets with it! Did they come later?

Yes, they got separated by the shipping company.
Part 2 is now posted of the lathe getting on the stand and first chips being made

I agree, I thought the same! He said “let me do this, I was shown a trick by another driver” I thought it was going over the edge of the gate!

He will end up harming someone or something one day. I have seen too many lift gate accidents to show off.

Back