Pressure Washer repair

petcnc

Active User
Registered
My BOSCH Aquatak 110 plus pressure washer after a few years of service stopped working.
110plus.jpg

The pump was operating normally but no water exited the high pressure hose.
I started troubleshooting by disconnected the pressure hose and tested it using compressed air, but no air exited the hose when I pressed the handle valve.

Handle.jpg

AHA! I thought, there is a blockage in the hose! So I started testing it thoroughly.
When I opened the valve in the handle, I discovered that the main plastic part, that operates the valve when you press the handle, was broken in two and instead of allowing the water to pass through it, it blocked the water exit.

Handleparts3a.jpg

The front of it (arrow shape), that blocks-unblocks the water flow according the pressing of the handle, was separated from the body and the high pressure water flow was completely blocked regardless of handle operation.

BrokenA.jpg

A spare part is not available! I have to buy the complete handle for the ridiculous price of 100 Euros when a new unit costs 125!!!!
To make a new one was a simple job.
A piece of brass bronze and two hours of fun on the mini lathe and the new part stood proud next to the old one wearing its new o-rings!

IMG_20180504_241204315.jpg

IMG_20180504_241231310.jpg

New o-rings a little lubrication, back to the handle and the pressure washer is as good as new again.

IMG_20180504_243928541.jpg

Thanks for reading.
Petros

Last edited:
Good save.
Thanks for sharing it!
-brino

The part that the factory should have made- good fix Petros
Mark

Thank you guys for the kind words.
It was another case of the "designed to fail" parts that are included to a modern "well made" machine. All working parts in the handle valve are made out of brass bronze and in between a cheap piece of plastic!
It seems to me this is a very nice plan to make the machine useless after some time, so you have to buy a new part or a new machine! This way we "invest" our money in funding a design-produce-distribute market and create tons of waste and recyclable material!
Moreover a small research shows that the particular part is found in many "economy model" pressure washers sold!

Handleparts.jpg

Handleparts2.jpg

Last edited:
Back