Pretty sure I need a mill part III

@WCraig and @pontiac428 - couple of fine points to consider here since my interpretation of the matter is that you are both right.

Fair Use is Fair Use, i.e., nobody at H-M makes a profit on the distribution of said materials. However, with that said - we have deleted the items from the downloads section for obvious DMCA takedown risk.

Root cause to this matter having slipped under or radar is that the files were imported from vbulletin back in the day when we switched over to current forum software. That is why they have been up for so long and remained unnoticed.

If it becomes viable, ethical and legal for us to host the materials again, we will. For now, they will remain unavailable.

Back to the original programming now.
Pontiac428 thanks for reference link, sorry it turned into a mess.
I did have a chance to check out some of the titles and will be searching out some more of Harold’s book.

steve

Last edited:
The vice showed up last week with the keyless chuck.
Very nice bit of equipment
Guess it going to be hello mr. Shim stock to level on the ski slope table
0C7E6ACE-043C-4997-88DB-6E99753B6116.jpeg1900757D-7157-44D2-BE0A-421C78B27B47.jpegA1D48309-E118-49A3-9B7A-9D7B6D6BE0A8.jpeg
New belts came in also. Gates BX40 front BX32 back
C97FD5B5-5841-4159-BC1C-EA8A7C016504.jpeg

And speaking of the ski slope table, just can’t quit poking at it.
Busted out grandpa’s mics just because I could and had an hour to play with.
far left 1.668”
CEDBEAAE-C9F0-479C-AA55-DC2445A95430.jpeg
1339DF49-371A-4550-87AB-50D35E79A589.jpegFar right 1.691”
matches up with the tdi readings and concluding in the table being ground with a incline that starts just about the center of the table.
Center is 1.671” and drops just 3 tenths moving to the far left.
Center to far right rises quickly, .0012 in the first 2“ and .0023 at the far end.
Good news is, have half a flat table to work with and the spindle runout is right at 3 tenths.

Like the Honda CL77 back there :aok:
Close Steve it’s a bastardized CL72, frame is from a 250 that someone planted a 305 into.
Bought it 20 years ago at a garage sale for $150 thinking I would restore it, then found it was a miss matched motor frame.
Maybe a rat bike restore. contrary to what the pictures look like most of parts are in good condition And I have an assortment of spares bought prior to the prices going crazy.

Practically speaking there's nothing to be done for it.
With all due respect, there is at least ONE solution.
My RF-45 started out with a similar problem. It just took several days with a cup type grinding wheel on an arbor to bring it flat with respect to the spindle.

With all due respect, there is at least ONE solution.
My RF-45 started out with a similar problem. It just took several days with a cup type grinding wheel on an arbor to bring it flat with respect to the spindle.
That's interesting, any specifics on the grinding wheel used?
Thanks
steve

Back