Pretty sure I needed a mill part 1

Manufactured in 1998 and don’t think it’s ever been used 61F3A006-C2AB-4856-9122-DAC9505BDB61.jpegC3E5A4A3-F17F-427D-A617-641C4D5CC65D.jpeg
5BE7EE02-4252-4EA5-9BD7-7978FE50B205.jpeg

I had to take mine to pieces to get it down in to my basement. Looks like a really good deal. Now clean, grease her up. Tram the bed and off you go. There are lots of thread on here on checking bearings, the lead screws and down feed. Other then tooling. My recommendation is to start saving up for or look in to a dro kit for it. One other piece of kit is a Coaxial Centering Indicator. I wish I had bought both of these years ago, makes projects go so much quicker.

Future shop now has a milling machine on a cart, and my grandfather’s grinder
8C4E0523-BD97-4857-8660-5AA8FBE2FCC5.jpegB4E533D0-9874-4D8D-8BDA-6DF95E1F9DE8.jpegP

I had to take mine to pieces to get it down in to my basement. Looks like a really good deal. Now clean, grease her up. Tram the bed and off you go. There are lots of thread on here on checking bearings, the lead screws and down feed. Other then tooling. My recommendation is to start saving up for or look in to a dro kit for it. One other piece of kit is a Coaxial Centering Indicator. I wish I had bought both of these years ago, makes projects go so much quicker.
Disassembly, cleaning and greasing is first on the list. Like you said lots of good info on going through these machines and big thanks to those who have gone before and taken the time to post.
DRO to be added just starting to look around at the options.
Thinking about ordering a Glacern 5" vice
Have zero tooling
Lots of book learning to this point and looking forward to actually gaining some understanding of things like "tram the bed"

Thanks
Steve

Back