Preventing swarf in the house

The best thing I have ever done.... installed washing machine in my main workshop. Change clothes and footwear before going "home". Wash all work clothes in workshop. Never go "home" in work clothing.
Picture old fashioned workplace where everyone had clothes locker and changed into work clothing at work.... perfect!
Personally I woul NEVER waist workshop space for a washing machine where I could "store" a machine or tools of some sort :D .

No seriously, it's actually a great idea................if you want to waist space:laughing:.

Just kidding it's a good idea if you have the space and budget.

Personally I woul NEVER waist workshop space for a washing machine where I could "store" a machine or tools of some sort :D .

No seriously, it's actually a great idea................if you want to waist space:laughing:.

I have a machine shop, but also a seperate metalwork workshop where I actually installed a toilet, office and kitchen. Thats where the washing machine lives, along with microwave, cooker and fridge (or beer storage unit as I prefer to call it). Yeah, in my last house I did everything out of a single garage space..... couldnt even turn around!

Yeah I'm in a normal double garage, and space is my biggest constraint these days, so a washing machine is a no-go.

Back