Printed up a mill table parts tray/organizer thing.

That is neat. I want to come up with a Tslot cover. I gate cleaning those out. Part of me is thinking of some plastic and epoxy a few magnets in the bottom. That will prob be my next project.

That is neat. I want to come up with a Tslot cover. I gate cleaning those out. Part of me is thinking of some plastic and epoxy a few magnets in the bottom. That will prob be my next project.

I seem to remember seeing an stl file for t slot covers on thingiverse awhile back. The design could be modified to allow magnets to be epoxied in.

I use a small diameter extension on my shop vac to clean t slots, down inside the vise, etc.

I have a little 3" vice so it is a little tighter to get to but id like to be able to just brush the chips away so i want to do covers soon. I dont have a 3d printer so i have to make em.

@Brento - Brooks Ravenscroft (@brav65) posted this in 2015. It's a quick, inexpensive and effective way to cover a mill table ... available at big box stores:
Magnetic vent covers way covers.jpg

@hman i could fall in love with you thanks for the idea. No more messing t slots. Ofcourse i just made a tslot cleaner today lol

Thanks, @Brento ... but the credit all belongs to Brooks Ravenscroft (@brav65), who seems to have dropped off the forum ): The last post of his that I can find from July, 2018.

i might try this as well for my mill, i am getting tired of having a disorganized mess of mill tools laying about. what material did you use to print this?

i might try this as well for my mill, i am getting tired of having a disorganized mess of mill tools laying about. what material did you use to print this?

I used PLA. 30% infill, since I expect I'll be bumping into it, laying heavy boring heads on it, etc.

I posted the .stl and .ipt files to thingiverse, if anyone needs them.
The left side is designed for 4" Igaging digital calipers. The right is just a parts tray.

Left side

And right side.

Last edited:
Very nice tool holder ! These 3D printers have really brought great designs people have .

Back