Private Tool Sale August 3rd, Magalia CA.

Based on your comments and my own thoughts, I had a conversation with Bill last night.
I shared some of the comments from this forum and some from my hobby machinists group.
He understands most folks are looking for a deal and plenty of us already have many items on his list.
After sharing some of the Ebay comparisons selling at a much lower price, he said, I can see that price for a used tool but most of these have never been used.
Even still, how much can a Starrett combination square set go for? You see them all day long on Ebay for very little money.
His $600 plus rotary table is beautiful but who is going to pay that kind of money for an old used 12" rotary table? Plus you would need to be a local buyer due to shipping.
I really tried to help, that's all I can do.
He has sold some of the machine tools though and has a buyer for the lathe and mill.
I would love the lathe if I was retired and had some time.
Thank you for your comments.
NO SALE ON THE 3rd of August

Just to put things in perspective I purchased an Index brand 12" rotary table in June from a used equipment dealer for $150.00. It needs some clean up, but for that price I can afford a couple cans of solvent to do the job

The rotary table was still there. He has sold quite a bit of his offerings but I don’t know if he settled for less.
He sure made me a deal.

Back