Problem with pm932m quickly resolved by Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update everything has been working great but unfortunately the bearing greese I used wasn't good enough as some has been liquifying and dripping a bit at high speed so I need to redo it with something better any other suggestions than kluber which they seem very proud of do y'all think the 50g tube for 27 bucks is enough to do two bearings or any suggestions for anything else or is kluber the standard thanks for your help :)

Update everything has been working great but unfortunately the bearing greese I used wasn't good enough as some has been liquifying and dripping a bit at high speed so I need to redo it with something better any other suggestions than kluber which they seem very proud of do y'all think the 50g tube for 27 bucks is enough to do two bearings or any suggestions for anything else or is kluber the standard thanks for your help :)

I bought the 50g syringe. It's enough to do a dozen PM-932 spindle bearings, and possibly more.

Is the kluber isoflex I need the nb52 ??? Thanks for any help

Thought I would add for anyone for future reference or for anyone that searches since it' not listed the pm932m collet stop screw is a metric 5x.08 dog point set screw it's a slotted screw most are hex

I gave the guy credit for getting it fixed I thought this was a forum to speak to others with the same machine is it against the rules to post a problem if they're a sponsor ???

It's OK to post problems. I have. ;)

I don't agree with someone coming on here all blowtorch and posting only one side of an issue, but you didn't do that. It's all good. :D

Before I close this thread, I am going to explain a few things about why the title was changed, by me, and some posts removed.

When a periodical posts that someone is a criminal on PAGE ONE, and then retracts it on PAGE 30, that doesn't do much for the person accused, does it? People read what's on the first page and that's it. A search indicates that the person is guilty, rarely the retraction.

Fact: The OP posted that he was dissatisfied with the product in the title. On post 30 or thereabouts, the OP stated, in terms that most people would miss, (in fact one person did miss it), that the problem was solved. He doesn't thank Matt for his efforts. He then posts in another thread that he had a problem (after it was solved). That is grossly unfair.

Fact: Matt has been a supporter of this site for years. His support has made the site possible. Without support, there is NO site. Many of you support us, and we are extremely grateful.

Fact: In almost 8 years as the person behind this site, I have never vouched for any vendor- ever. However, I am going to say this about Matt- he tries his best for his customers. I have personally seen it. Often.

Fact: Some of you will NEVER donate a dime to this site if we hang you by your fingernails upside down. I am damned tired of asking and begging for donations. The OP is one of those people, after 4 years of no support. Then, he criticizes a site supporter, who is doing his best to address his issue, with a title that does NOTHING to indicate a resolution. This is followed by further reference by the OP to the issue in another thread, He then publicly complains that the title was edited, which is in the exercise of our discretion. I guess you can't please some people, can you?

I refer you to Rule 7:
TREAT VENDORS WITH RESPECT:
7. Vendors are not immune to constructive criticism on this forum. However, where it is clear that someone is acting unreasonably, making unsupported comments and attacks upon the vendor's product and reputation, with some unrealistic agenda in mind, those comments shall be removed, and that person shall face disciplinary action, including removal from the forum. Constructive comments benefit everyone- both the vendor and the end-user, but obnoxious and unsubstantiated attacks serve no purpose other than to wrongfully harm the vendor's reputation, and to create a hostile and unfriendly atmosphere that is inconsistent with our mission and purpose, and shall not be tolerated. All vendors deserve the chance to explain their products, and respond to mindful criticism. If you are joining to attack a vendor's products, do not join this forum.

If there had not been a resolution of the OP's problem, I would have left the thread alone. But there was. and It was buried many posts down behind a title that was no longer accurately reflective of the effort the vendor put into resolving the problem. Then, the OP mentions his issues with the vendor in yet another post, AFTER the issues were resolved. (I deleted that thread after it, too, was resolved without any admission that the issue was resolved). I dont consider that fair at all. The issue was resolved, why continue to bring it up?

Fact: I have refused to accept advertising and/or sponsorship from another equipment manufacturer who has a poor reputation in my opinion for responding to customer issues. I will not divulge the name. I do not accept either advertising or sponsorship from any manufacturer with a reputation for poor customer service. Nor do I edit any issues that people have with these vendors.

Where else do you ever see the owner of a company come to a site and address problems the members have? I would like to see other vendors make half the effort that Matt makes. I purchased something from another manufacturer, and it was broken when I got it, and they told me to go scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back