• PHISHING SCAM attempt TARGETING HOBBY-MACHINIST members. It has been brought to our attention that a pop-up survey is soliciting userfeedback from H-M members. In exchange for survey information, the user is given an opportunity to win a prize if they pay for shipping charges. This is NOT a Hobby Machinist program, survey or contest. DO NOT click through the links. Close your browser immediately and restart your computer. Clear cookies, cache and log back into Hobby Machinist. Again, this is NOT a Hobby Machinist contest or survey - IT IS a PHISHING SCAM attempt to get your credit card information.To close this notification, click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.

Procunier tapping head model help

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
Well last week did a near by auction over the net. Listing was a r8 procunier tapping head. Along with a cabinet and nice 2’ cast iron surface plate.
C70ED62E-A813-4381-9AEF-A045CFDF992D.png
I ended up winning the listing which was good. 52 dollar lot. I end up picking it up today and got some surprises. The good I opened the cabinet and their was a dumore grinder box. It has 4 different spindles, wheels, arbors, pulleys,belt but no motor. That’s ok. Wasn’t expecting it but I’ll take it. Also 6 chuck jaws for cushman chuck which I’ll see if they fit the one I have. A pile of new Jacobs drill keys all sizes which who could use a spare. Then a 2’x2’ HEAVY cast surface plate which has to weigh every bit of 300*.
The bad thing is I don’t think this red apparatus is a tapping head?? It’s possible but I can’t figure it out. Their is NO r8 arbor to it, when the shaft is spun it translates the motion to the upper spindle which has the gold screw/ flange ears on the end of it. Then the large shaft on bottom has a inner helical shaft that moves linear. The helical shaft has a hub on the end with through holes around it??
It’s a nice looking piece, well built and I don’t think it’s shop made but their are NO numbers on it for a clue? I’ve looked in the manual they supplied and can’t find anything that looks even close to it?? Anybody have a clue as to what this is???
912FF89C-20F3-404E-91EF-8806F711098C.jpeg 016B0B50-627B-47C3-8A6C-AED9F4281619.jpeg BF7DF87E-FA60-46F1-9315-CC98335E65F3.jpeg AB5F50C4-FC74-4E10-B6D3-7D4C6992AFEF.jpeg 85BF5685-26A2-490C-8956-79DF064F10EE.jpeg 883072CA-0EFA-49C7-AA2E-B8A564C5A394.jpeg
Any ideas?????

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
After alittle searching I found what it is. It is a in die tapping head. After learning that I can see how it operates. Pretty trick tool but for a production environment. Will see if eBay can move it.

hman

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Congratulations on getting all those goodies for $52 - but sorry to hear the "procunier" tapping head was not as advertised. Was that the main reason you bid?

pontiac428

Mo-Max
H-M Supporter Gold Member
That's a funny looking distributor. What's it fit, Mopar?

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
Congratulations on getting all those goodies for $52 - but sorry to hear the "procunier" tapping head was not as advertised. Was that the main reason you bid?
I'm in the market for a tapping head and the listing title said "R8 procunier tapping head". I knew the surface plate was with the listing and my thought was the cabinet had all the collets and whatever is used with the attachment. I was wrong on the contents but a good wrong I guess. It was the tool post grinder cabinet. Bad thing is they took the motor Assy. Out and sold as a separate listing. I wasn't in the market for one so I didn't pay attention. Now I need to round up some material and a motor to make me a tool post grinder. For the fifty bucks I knew I was ahead either way. I now have everything I'd ever need for tool post grinding.
image.jpeg

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock