Project - Fxd Dyna Super Glide

Micke S

Active User
Registered
This is not the best forum for bike projects but today I fetched a Harley as a new project and I mention it since I've shown a few other of my bikes before. Old 2-wheelers are almost always the base for my projects. There are a few things that must be done before this bike is used like repairing the broken fender and some other minor work.
Then it will be personalized, when I've decided how it should look when finished.

8958604017.jpg

Is the front fender supposed to be like that? I have a super wide glide ('97), and I recall the front fender comes much further down. Fun bike, but mine lunched the cam bearing and it's been down for over a year. :/ Don't ask.

The front fender is broken or cut by the previous owner. It looks quite ugly :(. I got the rear half with the bike so the fender will be restored to original.
Sorry to hear about the cam bearing. Is this a common fault on the EVO engine? It may be a good idea to keep the idle on a reasonable level and not too low (to maintain oil pressure).

Curious why you relocated the footpegs. mine are in the forward position, and I find them very comfy.

The reason is I like active driving and it is much easier to control a cornering bike at speed with centered foot pegs and it is comfier to ride for me. People with long legs may find it better with forward pegs. I'm 5 feet 9.

Last edited:
5'5", used to dirtbike like a fiend. got all that out of my system, now I prefer just to cruise sedately and enjoy the ride. After several (too many) bad dirtbike crashes, I prefer not to try to attract Murphy's attention. That jerk causes me enough grief as-is.

I prefer not to try to attract Murphy's attention. That jerk causes me enough grief as-is.

Good decision ! I have only crashed once. So far...That was on a racetrack with a Gixxer 1000. I still have some pain in the right shoulder after 11 years, and need to swim from time to time when the shoulder begins to hurt. It helps well though.

Back