Project - Fxd Dyna Super Glide

your good for at 60000 maybe it has already been done.anyway keep the shiney side up

In my experience the Evo's are pretty bullet proof. I've heard of the cam bearing issue, but never ran across it myself. I have changed a few when switching out cams and valve trains for performance upgrades. Having a blind hole puller makes it a quick job. Mike

The bike has got a few upgrades. Progressive fork springs, adjustable shocks and a better front brake. The brake disc is 320 mm instead of 290 mm and is a floating disc. The caliper is 4 pot instead of stock 2-pot.
DSC05647.JPG

Great job on the bike project. I had an 05 Dyna and had a blast with it. Just bought a new EG Ultra Classic Low last month which is nice, but heavy. I miss the nibleness of the Dyna, but my wife says she much prefers the comfort of the "barcalounger" touring setup better than my Dyna seat. Gotta keep the wife happy!

A few years back I wrote an article for American Iron Magazine about setting up the suspension on a 2007 Dyna Super Glide. It was a two part article and perhaps the most thorough piece written about getting the suspension perfect. I love my Dyna and thoroughly enjoy scratching the pegs on the backroads of New England. Worth a read if you can find it. They sell back issues and I'd have to guess it was printed around 2008 or 2009.

Nice job on the bike. I'll take a Dyna over a Softee any day!

2007 Dyna.jpg

Hilarious. That starter solenoid is identical to one I just went through on a 96 dodge caravan. Denso built, I believe. There are repair parts available to replace all the high current switch components. Less than $20US. I didn't want to wait and order them, so went at it pretty much as you did.

Nice ride.

Back