Protective coating for latest project

Moper361

Registered
Registered
Just finished this ball point pen for my daugters birthday preasant .Is there any sort of suitable protective coating that could be applied to this pen to prevent the brass from tarnishing materials are brass ,stainless steel and alluminiumATTACH=full]293400[/ATTACH]20190426_141220.jpg20190426_141205.jpg

Attachments

• 20190426_141232.jpg
    20190426_141232.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 14
Clear lacquer spray, for metal protection, usually available in rattle cans.

Brass can be Clear Lacquer coated.
Staniless doesn't need anything.
Aluminium can be anodized or Clear Coated

Automotive clear coat works great.,

Everbright is nice. I don't really know but suspect it is just self leveling clear coat.

Lacquer(deft is decent) works but be aware that once it wears down there will be witness marks. I'm assuming the pen will be used which will cause wear.

You could seal it up with paste wax. It'll wear away eventually, but it won't leave marks.

Google "sharkhide metal protectant"

Ive used this stuf on my bikes mainly on polished aluminum and i really like how well it holds up. Kinda expensive but a little goes a long way and might be just what you need.

You know, I started reading this because I have intentions of turning a hair spike (dunno what they're called - it's a wooden or metal spike used when tieing up one's hair) out of copper as a surprise for the missus, and didn't want it to require regular polishing.

But a pen, hmm, now that's a pretty good idea for an actual gift-giving-day present.

Back