Prototype help needed for a hyperbaric pin

Sorry for that- try again!
30397.jpeg

One other good resource is Machinery's Handbook.
They have specs and equations to work out the grooves you need for o-rings.

I used it for some aluminum fittings I made to replace the broken/lost ones on a friends UV water filtration system.
I pressure tested that with shop air and it seemed to work.

-brino

Thank you folks for the assist so fat to this point- without more data I dont want to get into "analysis paralysis" by being afraid of moving forward- Ill post the updates to the project as I move forward- Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

Next update should be within the week- Thanks for helping folks!

I hate to be "that guy", but there is one facet of this I did NOT see mentioned above.......
I usually approach projects just from the the technical aspect of "How would I do it", however with anything medical-related a first better question is "Should I do it?"

What if the seal leaks?
What is the IV tube(s) are restricted?

Special precautions may be required to protect life and cover yourself from legal action.
I would expect a medical devices manufacturers to have engineers with big, expensive training and big, expensive insurance for this task.
Also, there must be hundreds of specifications that must be met, both designed to and then tested to.

If this is just a "proof of concept" or "mechanical prototype" perhaps there is no real risk......but if any of it could ever be used to actually treat people then it should be re-designed by the professionals.

-brino

Brino- right you are on all accounts- one reason the Parker catalogue was a better choice than Machinery Handbook was it has the ISO and other industry solutions that do not need to be re-hashed or vetted.

Ill reach out off the forum to give more info- Not trying to hide anything for those reading/following along- but the due diligence portion of any project (What Brino is referring to) is something I cannot divulge as it is project specific and you need to be able to do your own.

Not being terse- but my solution may not work for your problem- you have to figure that out to insure the project is viable.

Allright folks- its 11pm on a Tuesday night and Im going to be reaching out to each of you individually- I owe the group a bit of an explanation...

So Almost a month... In that time, a cease and desist, a gag/halt request, several long conversations and 2 meetings with team members and we are back on track!

So the summation of the story is I have received a clearance to do R&D on the project with testing in the event we can make it work.

My personal apologies for dragging this out- but I didnt have a choice as I was asked to stop work until it could be figured out even IF it could happen.

No worries @Silverforgestudio. Projects seem to take way longer than expected; that seems to be the norm. As an example, I was given the task of determining why some of our product was being damaged in shipping and a course of correction. I figured "meh, 3 weeks and I'll have it done". I am now going into the 4th month and I am getting closer!

Back