PRS Tubegun

Thanks guys. I'm not a fan of the bright aluminum so it will be coated in a color. Not sure of the color yet.

Thanks guys. I'm not a fan of the bright aluminum so it will be coated in a color. Not sure of the color yet.

If that were A piece i made i would go for a translucent candy powder coat (A Deep Dark candy Blue would be my predered color however considering its aluminum you could Anodize the parts relatively easily based on your skill level) that would allowe the Natural beauty to come through to add to its overall AWESOMEN Look. Maybe even a Black Chrome finish would be very good coating to protect and "emphasize" the Beautiful work you Produced without "HIDING" your work! Point is that you have many durable choices that will help protect and maintain a Rifle that would make ANYONE envious of the skills you possess. Good on you and keep up the excellent work.

http://www.gotxring.com/
Don't know Gary personally, have shot one of his rifles (owned by a friend). First 1 Km shot for me, shouldn't have had that extra coffee. If yo think the trigger on an IZH46M is light, try one of Gary's.

Love it. That looks like an Eliseo in several ways. I'm really posting for @Latinrascalrg1 because of his good taste in color. Here's mine:
fb5c2331aa7c197e4808b41312513c7b.jpg
c753dcd3647ba89626a2b359ea846d20.jpg
f69cf77e0199aaf3440012454d9d62e7.jpg
fc2b36512a9d9ae9d47029da2103d61e.jpg

Very nice indeed. I'd be interested in seeing your Solidworks files. I've been planning on building a tube gun for a while. I used to shoot XTC for several years with a match rifle (Tubb 2K). The T2K was the inspiration for the tube gun concept. It was a cheaper alternative to the McBros. rifle. Once I get my new mill and get it cnc'd, I'd love to start on a project like this. I have a short action 700 receiver lying around (.308 bolt face). I'll have to plan for a good bit of lathe time as well.

Personally I would have went a shade or two darker but that is a moot point because that Rifle Is Gorgeous! What caliber is it? What is the longest shot you made with it? Thanks for sharing.

Personally I would have went a shade or two darker but that is a moot point because that Rifle Is Gorgeous! What caliber is it? What is the longest shot you made with it? Thanks for sharing.
It's a 6BR for NRA high power. It hits at 1,000 yds in 15 mph wind like a 308 hits at 300. My hold is the weak link for sure. It's certainly the most expensive rifle I've ever built, I could have gotten into 50 cals for the price of admission!

Beautiful rifle. :)

But I'm retired and broke. So I'll stick to playing with 1911s... :D

It's a 6BR for NRA high power. It hits at 1,000 yds in 15 mph wind like a 308 hits at 300. My hold is the weak link for sure. It's certainly the most expensive rifle I've ever built, I could have gotten into 50 cals for the price of admission!

My Tubb was a 6XC. It really liked 115gr DTAC's and 107MK's out bast 600. I used to shoot NRA LR with it before I build my current rifle. It was blue as well.
download.jpg
Shooting XTC means adjusting the butt stock for standing, sitting, prone rapid fire and prone slow fire (600yds). I got tired really quickly of completely reconfiguring the butt stock after each stage. The McBros butt stock was $600/ea back in 2002. I couldn't afford that. I had a buddy with a mill though, and this started my experience with machining my own parts.

I found some 6061t6 at work that was scrap, and set out to make one butt stock for each setup (3).
DSC00381.JPG
DSC00474.JPG

I then found a guy to anodize them to (mostly match the rifle, but be distinct enough that I could instinctively reach for one as I headed to the next firing line.
DSC02020.JPG

Once I get a new mill set up at home, and wade through the CNC conversion process on my own(not knowing what I'm really doing), I'd like to tackle a tube gun for sure.

Back