Prusa i3 Mk 3

So yeah, I’m now realising that the build is never over. Tinkering is habit forming, upgrades ahoy! :cool:

I've swapped out my security cams at home, and the base of the old ones where bigger than the new ones. And I didn't feel like filling holes and painting... So from problem to solution, about 2 hours. :D

Modeled in F360:
IMG_4404.JPG

Exported, sliced and printed in black PETG - same dimensions and fixing locations as the old mount:
IMG_5360.JPG

Recess takes a steel plate that came with the camera, fixed with VHB tape:
IMG_4086.JPG

New camera has magnet built into the base, so it sticks to the plate:
IMG_7987.JPG

And in place and on line:
IMG_1538.JPG

Result! :cool:

I've now got my printer enclosure built, and the printer relocated up in my study rather than on the dining table.
PrinterEnclosure.jpg
PrinterSpool.jpg
PrinterPSU.jpg
PrinterLights.jpg
PrinterCamera.jpg

3 Ikea LACK tables, some printed parts and some perspex and you get a very handy printing station. :D

First print in the new home:

Great work with your MK3. I ordered a kit that arrived in late January, but due to major, unexpected changes to my schedule I didn't get the build completed until this week. Was happy to see that, after a couple of relatively minor tweaks (tightening a belt, adjusting height of the sensor on the extruder) I'm getting clean prints. Now my only issue is that I've managed to forget everything I learned about Fusion 360 over the past few months. So some major resharpening is in order there.

More 3D printing fun - this time an ink stamp for my Aunt's crafting hobby:

For the printer enclosure you built--is that functional or aesthetic? I was just wondering about it the heat generation in the box if that would make taller parts sag, or if by maintaining the build area a little warmer you would get more even/slow cooling and hardening of the part? Looks good though, answers the question of where to store the darn things when you aren't using them. That second print of the boat came out great! I can barely see any layers.

It’s functional... certain plastics really don’t do well with drafts and stuff causing diffent cooling rates of the part. This causes warping and possible printer crashes as the head hits a corner or other feature that has lifted.

I need to modify it though, as the MMU unit needs a little more headroom inside for it to fit nicely and for access to it.

Back