PTO reverser gearbox

Good job on the gear-case, as a lube I'd use a Molybdenum high pressure grease mixed with the 90 wt. those gears are small and will run hot if their loaded.
When you help the farmer install the gear-case make sure he uses a least an arm or pair of chains to hold the box from spinning around the drive gear( I assume its for the PTO).
It's embarrassing to just give a farmer piece thats a new modification.
Just my 2 cents
dwdw47

Where did you get the gears that you used in that gearbox?

They're Martin S1236 stock gears that I bored and broached. You can get them from any bearing/power transmission supply house.

What is the approximate cost on them, if you remember?

thanks,

I believe we had something like that when I was a kid but it was about half the size of a bushel basket and I believe that also had a chain attached to it and the tractor draw bar to keep it from twisting. It was factory made. Good job.

Very nice work.
Was wondering if you still might have a blue print on this? I'm in need a similar part.
I'm restoring a 1963 Chevy C50, and have added a dump bed. The hydraulic system is vintage Chevy.
My problem is the pump charges counter clockwise, and the PTO drive is clockwise.

Your design will fix my problem..

There are some differences. I need the input/output shafts to both be .75 with .25 flat key way.
These will attach to u joints.
If you have a interests in making another one of these gearboxes, I would be grateful.

If not, do you know someone who is making a similar part? This is a kink in my completing the lift bed.

Best regards
shark_bytes

Back