Pulled the trigger

Milehimachine

Registered
Registered
Well I finally did it finally was able to get a lathe and mill ordered. Got myself the Grizzly G0768Z and the G0758Z. If you have these machines and has any useful tips or mods they made please feel free to share. I should have them by April 19th had to schedule a day off so I could schedule that day to receive the machines.

Congrats, and welcome to the Slippery Slope!

Cool! should be a great day. Cheers, Mike

On the mill I believe there is a plastic gear that tends to break when the machine is pushed hard. You might want to order one as a spare. I think it's similar to the very popular G0704 model; if you do some research for broken gears on the 0704 you should be able to pin down which one it is.
Folks also convert the 0704 to belt drive, you might want to consider doing that to yours in the future- have fun and be safe
Mark

Really annoyed right now. Scheduled to have my mill and lathe delivered today only to find out the items never made it on the truck for delivery. So I have been home all day waiting only to call 15 minutes before deadline to be told oops sorry human error would you like to reschedule? No I want my stuff today since I took the day off and all to be here. Now I gotta wait till Monday to rip the local office a new one and figure out how to get it delivered while I'm home since I cant take another day off. Saia Freight you really suck.

Good news my new mill and lathe where delivered on Tuesday. With my work schedule wont be able to touch em until Saturday but I know I'll be spending all day cleaning and adjusting them. Pics will be added later.

Well gottem out of the crates cleaned and spindles broke in. Now all I gotta do is start making chips.

Attachments

• 20190427_110306.jpg
    20190427_110306.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190427_110312.jpg
    20190427_110312.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 25
I think the slope will get quite slippery from here!!! Hide your wallet and credit cards before they slide too far!

Back