Pulley helping hands

Chinggis

Registered
Registered
After some time I make one piece of equipment what I need in my job. Sometimes I was sent by my headmen to correct height of pulleys on air coolers. It is not a big deal when electric motor is in workshop on bench, or when it is mounted in upright condition and pulley can not go anywhere, trouble is when electric motor is mounted upright but upside down. So, pulley is upside down and it is made of two pieces of cast iron, and at position where are, air coolers you do not have enough room for tree people(you need all hands to hold and manipulate with pulley and its taper). Only two people can be there and work, but it is hard job, any wrong move and taper will fall from shaft and you are in danger that 15kg pulley will fall on you or on your comrade. So I make simple preparation,IMG_20210914_085617.jpg
It consist of round plate with six boreholes and one larger one oval shaped, in centre of plate I put M18 screw with two nuts. This is good because with this nuts you can change height of taper on shaft, to change height you need to use chisel (and it is go on oval shaped hole) and force it in taper with hammer to widen tapper on shaft for moving it up or down. Three long M12 screw are push screws for pulley and they hold pulley loose but secure for not fall on you. So I made it and I wish to share it, if someone have or find itself in similar trouble, maybe it will be useful. Right now I am sick leave and when I come back to work I will make more detailed pictures. I made it before, but they gone with my mobile phone.
IMG_20210915_113612.jpg

Back