Pulley puller recommendation

When I was poor and needed a puller for a project I bought the HarborFreight set. I think I had an arm break on every one of the 3 different sizes... really cheap and weak castings. For a while I used a couple of arms I cut myself with the HF set.
How true, how true - as I have learned over the years there are certain inexpensive tools that are appropriate for certain tasks/jobs. And knowledge of the stresses that a certain job puts of a tool can only be gained by experience, some of which I learned and as a motorcycle mechanic in my mid 20's-mid 30's with a weekly Snap-On tool purchase payment for those years.

So as the saying goes 'the right tool for the job” and if not sure then ask around which I did and ended up purchasing a good sturdy pulley for a one-time job of removing my Burke #4 spindle pulley and bearings. Buy the way just handling a HF 3 jaw pulley in the store told me to walk away although their Pittsburgh Automotive 15 piece Gear Puller Set has served me well over the years although a little awkward to handle at times.

Last edited:
Back