Pully On A Treadmill Motor Shaft?

Franko, I have a spare 1/2 x 13 LH tap if you need one. I bought a batch(new old stock) on E-Bay a while back. I've made a couple adapters for treadmill motors with them. All the DC PM treadmill motors I've collected have that thread on them. I made the pulley for the TM motor that runs my mill from the small end of it's flywheel.

Chuck
HI chuck

I would like to purchase one of your taps if you have one available. I would like to tap a pully of the treadmill motor shaft. Thx. Please pm. Thx. Gary

@Chucketn You mentioned that you had acquired a batch of taps that fit that shaft properly. I am in need of one and wanted to see if you still had an extra one. If so, would you be willing to part with it. If so, what can I give you for it?

I plan to simply bore out the existing multi-step drive pulley from the drill press, slip it over the serpentine pulley, and hold it with a set screw or two.

That's what I did.

They must not sell very many at that price.

Maybe not to home hobbyists, but when you're building industrial machinery costing tens or hundreds of thousands, $70 is nothing. Normally they're used where you need the adjustability, or there's no room in the shaft or the mating part for a keyway. I've used them quite a few times over the years.

That's what I did.

Maybe not to home hobbyists, but when you're building industrial machinery costing tens or hundreds of thousands, $70 is nothing. Normally they're used where you need the adjustability, or there's no room in the shaft or the mating part for a keyway. I've used them quite a few times over the years.
Exactly, infinit adjustability when timing is important in a system. worth every penny in that application.

I'm still looking for a piece of that 5/8" Copper pipe with the .751 OD and the .669 ID and having ZERO luck.

McMaster Carr was the first place I looked and I was surprised that I was not able to find it.
This is the perfect opening for senility jokes.

Back