Pump for coolant in mill base

Firstgear

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
My mill, PM950, does not have a pump in the base, however a reservoir is there. For those that added coolant/cutting oil capability to their machine, what brand pump did you select and where did you get it?

Thanks in advance!

Little giants are nice .

I ordered a Little Giant 502020 which is a pump that they submerge in parts cleaning tanks, so it can handle an oil based fluid. Amazon had a two pack for sale but I also found one on Zoro for about $35 less per pump and with free shipping since the order was over $50. I also ordered the cutting oil....so just need them to get here and then to get the mill up and running. Right now I am putting the garage back together from putting the machines (lathe and mill) in place. My wife has us traveling someplace every few weeks...and that eats up garage time....oh well, at least she doesnt care if I am out in the garage so I can go on these trips.... :cool:

Little Giant makes a good pump :encourage:

Just be aware to avoid any pumps which use a magnetic coupler for the impeller. Provides many hours of fun unplugging steel swarf stuck inside the pump.

Just be aware to avoid any pumps which use a magnetic coupler for the impeller. Provides many hours of fun unplugging steel swarf stuck inside the pump.
well....i guess I am going to have a chance to experience that...any of the submersible pumps that arent an arm and a leg are exactly that....magnetic coupler....so I guess I need to be a bit smarter than the pump....maybe I need a settling section of the reservoir.....I will come up with something....good thing to know and I can see how that would be a royal PIA!

I got a suggestion from Little Giant, so I am trying that, it has a direct connection to the pump and motor not magnetic....fingers crossed

You could use another magnet inline before it gets to the pump. Perhaps in a fuel filter sized expansion bubble.

Back