Pump Oil Can Prints

fwwbronco

Registered
Registered
Do or would you, have the dimensions of salt shaker maybe a drawing? What about a pepper shaker or grinder to go with it. Sweet job btw.

rwm

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
The dimensions of the salt shaker are obviously not critical. The one I made is 3-1/2" high and made from 1-1/4" OD tubing with a .050 wall. The top cap has 6, 1/16" holes. The base has a .700" hole with a delrin plug and an O-ring. I was planning on a threaded plug originally but this would have required threading up to a shoulder. The O-ring plug is superior in function anyway. Top and base are press fit and sealed with Locktite on mine. I must advise you to only use a food safe adhesive on yours.
Robert

Attachments

Last edited:

Marcovitch

Registered
Registered
Merci! Bon travail, ces't magnifique!

Thank you for referencing the source. It is very gratifying to see that people from all over the world have an interest in this. I'm sure the metric version will get a lot of use! I like your personal spin on it with knurled nuts. Very elegant. Is that stainless or aluminum?
As Werowance noted above these work great with ball oilers.

Robert
Thanks Robert for your nice comment.
I did it in aluminium with all screw in brass.

Marcovitch

Registered
Registered
I'm posting here the metric plans in .pdf for those who prefer to access directly.

Attachments

Marcovitch

Registered
Registered
I'm just showing here what I did for stoping the drops falling from the nose, that work well for me! No drops any more!

By adding a small peace of brass inside the tube, and create a small chamber at the end. This has retained the pressure of the oil which is in the length of the tube.
Marco

IMG_6112.JPG

IMG_6113.JPG

IMG_6114.JPG

IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6116.JPG

rwm

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Beautiful work Marco. Thanks for contributing.
Robert

rwm

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
That's so cool! I hope he does well with them.
Robert

bigblock61

Registered
Registered
I'm about 99% done with mine. I still need to make the screw that holds the top on out of brass. I made this from scrap brass, aluminum and copper I had laying around my garage.I melted it down and poured it into molds that I machined. I'm probably going to have to remake the manifold and trigger as it leaks around the trigger. I'm still calling it a win for never melting metal before and still a beginner at machining. Thanks for posting the plans.

oil can.jpg

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Looks great! What have you got going on on the top of the cap there? Looks like a relief pattern, maybe a filigree ? Can’t really tell from the photo.

Looks really nice what I do see though :encourage:

-frank

bigblock61

Registered
Registered
Looks great! What have you got going on on the top of the cap there? Looks like a relief pattern, maybe a filigree ? Can’t really tell from the photo.

Looks really nice what I do see though :encourage:

-frank
When I poured the copper into the mold it made a really cool pattern that I left in for the top. I then cut rings into it every .200. I'll get a better pic of the top and post it.

34_40

Just a beginner
H-M Supporter Gold Member
That is one sweet piece of work. Inspiring

rwm

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
That is very nice work. The brass and copper look great! I think you and I are the only people who cast their own parts! Show us the top.
Robert

bigblock61

Registered
Registered
That is very nice work. The brass and copper look great! I think you and I are the only people who cast their own parts! Show us the top.
Robert
Thanks I like the way the brass and copper go together as well. It's almost a shame to use it in my shop lol.

Here is the top of my oil can. If you have ever poured molten copper you know the wrinkled surface you get when it cools. I had to leave that as part of the can because I did make this almost entirely from casting. The small hollow tubes for the pickup and nozzle, and the hardware for the valve body are the only things I bought.

Oil Can Top.jpg

[7]