Pump Oil Can Prints

I've seen someone on youtube that made a modified version of this oiler. And I don't understand why he chose to make those modification. The prints are simpler. Maybe some prefer to complicate things or adapte the design for them.

Has anyone happened to do a metric equivalent of this by any chance?? Or will I have to sit here and convert it all..... :) either way is all good! Good practise I suppose

I was wondering what happened to the plans?? They won't open, it downloads I've tried other plans and they download and open, was it deleted because there's an red X on the file.

On mine you have to go below the image with the red X and they are there.

I downloaded the file but my phone won't open it,, it says downloaded then when I click on it the phone tells me that it can't open it,, might be an issue with my phone.

very nice.

But yet another project that I have to add to the never ending list.........:rolleyes:

I downloaded the file but my phone won't open it,, it says downloaded then when I click on it the phone tells me that it can't open it,, might be an issue with my phone.

My ipad normaly opens pdf's directly, the attachement did as you say except i can open it in adobe acrobat reader when it has downloaded, should be a free app on the play store/apple store .

Stuart

It works great! No leaks at all! One of them loses prime after it sits for a few days and it takes a couple of pumps to get it going. I think if I polished the inlet valve seat that would correct this minor problem. Obviously the brass tarnishes so if you really want a nice one do it in stainless if you have the capability. May actually be cheaper than brass but the soldering is a pain.
R
Where did the springs and o-rings come from come from, only has an McM part number on the drawing? Being in Australia i will need to find the specs and match them with what i can source locally.

They came from Mcmaster-Carr. Here is the information fo rthem.

#9 Viton ‘O’ Ring Dash No. 008 5/16 OD, 3/16 ID, Actual size is .316 OD, .176 ID, Dia. 1/16 (.070 actual )

#10 Spring 302 Stainless 1” long, .30 OD, .032 wire, Compressed length .337, Load 4.69 lbs, Rate 8.49 lbs / inch

#12 Spring music wire .937 long, .187 OD, .012 wire, Compressed length .25, Load .20 lbs, Rate .29 lbs / inch

#15 Rubber Washer .355 ID, .812 OD Thickness .052 min - .072 max. ,

#22 Viton ‘O’ Ring Dash No. 011 7/16 OD, 5/16 ID, Actual size is .441 OD, .301 ID, Dia. 1/16 (.070 actual )

thanks Bill!! wish we had a store like Mc Master over here. will probably take me to 4 different shops to get all that!

Back