Pump Oil Can Prints

Do or would you, have the dimensions of salt shaker maybe a drawing? What about a pepper shaker or grinder to go with it. Sweet job btw.

The dimensions of the salt shaker are obviously not critical. The one I made is 3-1/2" high and made from 1-1/4" OD tubing with a .050 wall. The top cap has 6, 1/16" holes. The base has a .700" hole with a delrin plug and an O-ring. I was planning on a threaded plug originally but this would have required threading up to a shoulder. The O-ring plug is superior in function anyway. Top and base are press fit and sealed with Locktite on mine. I must advise you to only use a food safe adhesive on yours.
Robert

Attachments

• salt shaker.pdf
    177.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Merci! Bon travail, ces't magnifique!

Thank you for referencing the source. It is very gratifying to see that people from all over the world have an interest in this. I'm sure the metric version will get a lot of use! I like your personal spin on it with knurled nuts. Very elegant. Is that stainless or aluminum?
As Werowance noted above these work great with ball oilers.

Robert
Thanks Robert for your nice comment.
I did it in aluminium with all screw in brass.

I'm posting here the metric plans in .pdf for those who prefer to access directly.

Attachments

• Oil can assembly.pdf
    133.9 KB · Views: 125
  • oil can base.pdf
    52.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Oil can Body .pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Oil can nose and piston.pdf
    61.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Oil can screw.pdf
    87.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Oil can Top.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Oil can Valve .pdf
    60.8 KB · Views: 108
I'm posting here the metric plans in .pdf for those who prefer to access directly.
I can't edit the post for replacing the "oil can nose and piston.pdf" with the last version of it. So I had it here.

Attachments

• Oil can nose and piston.pdf
    67.8 KB · Views: 107
I'm just showing here what I did for stoping the drops falling from the nose, that work well for me! No drops any more!

By adding a small peace of brass inside the tube, and create a small chamber at the end. This has retained the pressure of the oil which is in the length of the tube.
Marco

IMG_6112.JPG

IMG_6113.JPG

IMG_6114.JPG

IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6116.JPG

Beautiful work Marco. Thanks for contributing.
Robert

Back