Purchasing Gears

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys reading all this fantastic gear information but where can a common guy purchase say just one gear at a fair price?Looking for a 34T 16DP 14 1/2 PA if I figure correctly.Is there a Gear Depot someplace?

Boston Gear or McMaster Carr is where I've had decent luck.

Motion Industries also has Gears, but I've never purchased from them. https://www.motionindustries.com/productDetail.jsp?sku=00367216

Is it for Lathe or something else? For Lathes, company's like Grizzly often carry them for the models they carry or sold in the past. I
I contacted Boston gear a couple days ago with a gear part number I wanted a quote on. This is the answer I got from them after three days:
----------------------
Hello Bob,
I am the Area Sales Manager for Northern California. I saw your request and I need to direct you to one of our authorized distributors. In the Sacramento area, these include Motion Industries, Kaman Industrial Technologies, Applied Industrial Technologies and Bearing Engineering. Any can help with pricing and availability.
Thank you,
Robert Forsyth

Area Sales Manager

Altra Industrial Motion Corp.
(916) 540-0073
----------------------

So, bottom line: He works for the people he was referring me to...
-Bob

There is a gear company in KC, Mo. that has pretty reasonable prices considering they are mostly custom made (I think). I have the name & info somewhere in my old ski area files - I'll find it tomorrow if you want.

No worries, Mike. I am going to try to fly cut the gear out of bronze to replace the stripped Micarta one. I have everything needed on hand. Tiny teeth, 48DP, 96 teeth, 2" pitch diameter...

Back