Purolator hydraulic filter

ErichKeane

Making scrap at ludicrous speed.
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
The manual calls this a Purolator Type -/2. Fully encased and has fittings for pipe thread top and bottom. Anyone have any idea where to get something like this?

Circumference is 14.5 " in the area under the flange (where the clamp holds it in place).

Attachments

• PXL_20210227_204351179.jpg
    PXL_20210227_204351179.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 91
Another pic

Attachments

• PXL_20210227_204357764.jpg
    PXL_20210227_204357764.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 90
I wonder if it is just a mesh strainer, maybe you could just back flush it.

I wonder if it is just a mesh strainer, maybe you could just back flush
According to the manuals, it isn't cleanable and needs to be replaced :/ An older manual refers to this as a "Purolator Type EA-2" (instead of "Type P-/2").

Google or O'Reileys Auto parts.
I've googled the parts numbers I have available (Purolator Type EA-2 and Purolator Type P-/2), neither result in anything. Part number searches on the Purolator site also result in nothing.

I went to NAPA, Autozone and OReilly's, and noone at the desk had seen anything like it before.

This company may have something....

Not exactly the same but looks similar. Might be worth a call.

This company may have something....

Holy crap, I think that is the one! It looks identical, the ports look right, and the dimensions are spot on (I was wrong about teh 14.5 circumference, it is 13.5, which is exactly the 4.3" diameter.

Ordered, thanks!

out of curiosity, is this filter on the low pressure side???

if it is , there are spin on hydraulic filter kits that will handle 200 psi
should you have need to retrofit obsolete hydraulics

due to the circumference of the filter cylinder,
i believe it is unlikely that the filter can is an extreme pressure vessel, most likely a low pressure filter

I'm 99% sure it is low pressure, it just filters the oil that goes to the ramways oilers. I considered a cartridge filter (and might in the future!), but at the moment fabricating a bracket is low on my willing-to-do list :)

Back