Put a ding in my mill table

After almost three years of owning my mill I managed to drop a tool holder with a drill bit in it on the table. It put a pretty little ding there the size of a center punch hole.
How did you manage to keep it ding free for 3 years, I'm impressed.

I'm really disappointed at the lack of sympathy our fellow members here have shown you for your loss. I completely understand that this mill has lost all value to you and that you wish for nothing more than to be rid of it ASAP. I feel your pain and will humbly accept the mill from you so that you may move on with your life and start anew with newer, brighter hardware unblemished by a hard life in the shop.

No, don't thank me, it's the least I can do. Ok, if you really must show your gratitude, you can pay for the shipping too. :)

Use an A/C arc welder with a 1/4" rod to weld up your ding. No one will ever notice the repair... :eek 2:

That is the most tragic story that I have ever heard, you will have to buy a new machine.

Yes, I feel your pain. After 4 years of owning my mill I got some chips on it. Fearing I might scratch the table by using a brush I attempted to pick them off with tweezers. All was going well until, as I bent over to inspect what I feared was a scratch, my Great Dane stuck his cold nose in my butt crack causing me to hit the start button. The spindle grabbed the rag I was using to buff the chuck. This frightened the dog who knocked over the ladder I was using to wax the top of the mill. The falling ladder hit the Z down feed causing it to drill through the table.
My wife hearing the commotion rushed in and attempted to shut the mill off but instead hit the x feed start. The vise ran into the chuck and now it kind of wobbles.
I just wish I hadn't been so obsessive..............Bob

Many years ago I once left a chocolate cupcake on a new mill table to answer the phone, after having agreed to accept $29,000,000 from a Nigerian Prince I returned to the machine and found a stain on the table which is clearly unacceptable, I bought a new one. Another cupcake.

By far the best way to keep a machine looking new at all times is to buy two of them, one to actually use and one to admire.
This strategy never fails.

There are three ways to handle a piece of equipment. 1) Abuse: check out on utube what these morons did to a car by changing the oil with wd40 (and it was not just the wd40). 2) Unuse: 30 years ago I had to repair a beautiful electronic organ with full keyboards and pedalboard. It had not been played for over 10 years. It took me hours to get that thing to play properly because inside was full of dust, corrosion, what ever. 3) Use: I don't mind paint chips, scratches, stains because it means that the machine is being used and used for what it was meant to be used for.

The first one always hurts the most...

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Back