Pyramid Power!

Fabrickator

Active User
Registered
Pyramid power refers to the belief that the ancient pyramids (Egyptian, Mayan) and objects of similar shape can confer a variety of benefits including the ability to improve health, and function "as a thought-form incubator”.

We recently attended the Rock & Gem Faire when I remembered that there is an overwhelming interest in the meta-physical properties of rocks and gems. This gave me the idea of making a pyramid and incorporate a gem at the peak. I had some 3 1/2” 6061 aluminum and drilled a 7/16” hole through the center. I then bored a 1” taper from the bottom of the hole and polished it to a mirror finish to capture all of the light from the 7-colored LED’s in a rotating display stand that I bought some time ago.
I created the pyramid using a 60* angle for the steps and I roughed it out on the band saw. I progressively cut the steps and polished it out on my buffing wheel. I really wanted to use a pyramid shaped crystal for the “pinnacle stone” but I couldn’t find one that small. Then I remembered that I had some acrylic rod stock of various colors that I had purchased a few years ago to make a Christmas ornament. I found that one of the colors was a perfect Aquamarine which is a very desirable gem stone. So, I cut and polished the little gem and fitted it to the pyramid. Polished acrylics have excellent optical properties, so it really looks great with the lights off. It throws beams of rotating colored lights to the ceiling, walls looking a lot like the Northern Lights you would see in AlaskaIMG_0463.JPGIMG_0528.JPGIMG_0532.JPGIMG_0582.JPGIMG_0585.JPGIMG_0593.JPG.

Beautiful work!

.....and you could start a new business. Separating the folks that believe in the "meta-physical properties of rocks and gems" and "pyramid power" from some of their money. PT Barnum assured us one is born every minute.

-brino

And I thought that my friend is the only "strange" thinking guy that believes in pyramid power.
He asked me to make a couple of pyramids using copper pipes that he filled with a mixture of copper, aluminum, silver, brass and some crystals.
I was making fun out of him as he believes that if you cut an apple in half and put one of the parts under the pyramid I made it will not rot! (I tried it both halves rot in a few days). Finally I made the pyramids he asked me to make to keep him happy!
What can I say! Its a funny world after all!

IMG_20160211_215557290.jpg

IMG_20160211_215606090.jpg

How do you light up the jewel? If you're a music lover I recommend that you listen to the Alan Parsons Project album "Pyramid". It musically explores the many myths and legends surrounding the Pyramids.

Pretty cool. Nothing like a little in house light show. Not knowing how powerful that thing is, you may want to wear a tinfoil hat to reflect cosmic rays. Cheers, Mike

Back