QCTP Dorian? Aloris? Other?

I agree with you on the Accusize tool holders. I have several of them myself

Z2V. CET is much cheaper than any other supplier. Hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but are you 100% satisfied with the holder from them?

Re: tool holders, I had one Shars holder that I had to stone quite a bit, else it jammed on the holder. Others were fine.
Yes, I’m satisfied with the purchase and the product.

One feature of the Dorian SQCTP (S="Super" being the current triple action wedge lock system) that isn't talked about much is the handle position is user adjustable. One of the reasons why I bought it but I've never needed to reposition mine.

dorian_sqctp.jpg

I’m confident you will like it!

So I bought the Dorian CXA from Cutting Edge tool. Thanks all for your good advice. Got the T-mount machined and installed yesterday. Very happy with it. The action is smoother and takes much less force to get a good / permanent grip on the tool holder. Also, the lever arm stays out of the way when locked. The finish on the Dorian I got was not 100%. The nice red knob had some scratches in the finish and there was a visible machining line about half way up the side of the post. Just cosmetic stuff. For the price it works for me. Looking at the photo... looks like I better clean my lathe area.

20200807_135334.jpg

Back