Qctp For The Hf 12x37

barkoguru

Registered
Registered
After getting my machine up and running and fully functional I decided to take advantage of the last enco 25% and free shipping sale to order a qctp for it, after a lot of reading, searching and measuring I decided on the Phase II BXA wedge kit, I thought the AXA seemed small I have no experience with either so if you see an issue I may have with the BXA size please add a comment, I'll share my experience just in case it may help someone in the future, my top of compound to spindle center measurement is 1 1/8", the BXA is roughly the same size as the turret tool post that came with the machine but the tool will hang about 1/2" further to the left, I use mostly 1/2" tooling but the 5/8" will get OC, as will the 11/16" parting blades, installation was simple, the supplied t nut is too large but the supplied mounting stud fit the old t nut perfectly, pretty painless all in all, I've made some cuts and did some threading and I'm happy with it, I have a couple of tool holders I have some quality issues with but i haven't contacted enco yet so I'll save that for another thread maybe, I'll post some pics to compare old and new and the new on,the machine, all comments and advice as always are welcome,thanks.

IMG_6118.JPG IMG_6118.JPG IMG_6118.JPG IMG_6140.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry, I have no idea why I have multiple photos,and sideways, the thumbnail option doesn't show up and I tried editing the extras out but it didn't work for me.

IMG_6120.JPG IMG_6102.JPG

I have used both a and bxa posts the axa was a piston type bxa is a wedge type from CDCO
can't kick either of them on performance and the price was reasonable.
I had to custom make the bottom nut to fit my central machinery 12x36 lathe
I prefer the bxa wedge because it is much more robust for serious turning ....My $.oo2

Back