QCTP holder

DiscoDan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am looking at the holders on the Aloris site as a starting point to figure out which one I would need for my 12x36 Craftsman with the commercial saddle and cross feed. Do I need AXA, BXA or CXA? I am not at home so I can't measure it.

On my 12X36, the AXA works well. Mime *can* take a BXA, but the cost of the holders and lack of vertical adjustment room makes an AXA the right one for me. It works fine.

Dabbler, do you have the commercial cross slide or the non-commercial? It looks like the non-commercial one is taller than my commercial. I have the measurements so I guess I will find out when I get home.

The important measurement is from the top surface of your compound to the Center Line of the Chuck, as it determines what size QCTP will fit.

The Shars image below is a good example.

axatoolpost_dimension.jpg

That is very helpful Dat510. I will have to check out their site too.

BXA would be my choice................:beer:

Used BXA on mine against much sage advice on this forum. Have been very pleased. Bought used w/5 tool holders for less than 75$. Happy happy happy
Dave

Dave, If it fit my lathe I would have considered it. You got a great find! Under those circumstances, I'd have done the same if I had the height.

Looks like AXA will work. From top of cross slide to center of chuck us about 1 1/8". Now to find and buy one! Thanks everyone. 1533001023065-62738855.jpg

Back