• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

QCTP Holders Standard? Dorian vs. Phase II

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Janderso

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I have the Phase 2 BXA set. I need a couple more tool holders. I see some used Dorian BXA on Ebay.
Will they fit?
Are the dove tails standard?
Thanks

jeff_g1137

Active User
Hi
To a point yes, they are all standard, but some are not ???
All of the USA tool holders will fit but some of the China ones may not, by a small amount.
jeff

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Generally yes, they are based on the Aloris standard. I use China holders with my Dorian & have tried various ones & the have all fit fine for me. But as said some China holders have fitment issues. From what I've seen it's mostly with piston vs wedge China tool posts but YMMV. Careful with the newer Dorian "extreme" oversized holders, those can cause problems too having to use spacers in certain applications.

Nogoingback

My toolpost is a Phase II AXA and I use a Dorian toolholder on it. Fits just fine.

jbolt

Active User
You don't say if your tool post is a piston or wedge type? In my experience all tool holders will fit a wedge type but not all will fit a piston type. I did testing on the various brands of tool holders and found little performance difference between the high cost tool holders vs the inexpensive imports. As import tool holders go I prefer the ones from All Industrial for fit and finish.

[6]
[5] [7]