Qctp holders

H

Hukshawn

Forum Guest
Register Today
anyone ever tempted to make an axa qctp holder on the mini mill? Think it's capable? Maybe too heavy of a job for it? You can never have enough tool holders.

anyone ever tempted to make an axa qctp holder on the mini mill? Think it's capable? Maybe too heavy of a job for it? You can never have enough tool holders.

I'm sure your little mill can do it but with the cost of materials, cutting tools and time, I think it works out better to just buy the holders. With that said, even a little Sherline mill will cut tool holders so I'm sure you can do it if you're willing.

Hmm.... they are only $27 somewhat locally, and I'm sure the tooling would be over 100. Dovetail cutter, a roughing end mill (which my local store doesn't carry, actually........ :cautious:), the chunk of steel.

Fiiiine.... ill just buy a few more eventually. But I suppose, if I were to want to make 5 or 10 more, making them would be the name of the game.

CDCO has them for $10 plus shipping.

Tom S.

Lol. Drive to buffalo. Just a 4 hour drive for some qctp holders. "Hey honey, I'll see you in three days. Gonna go buy some tool holders.". "Like f*** you are..."

I'll be honest, I was watching this old Tony make some holders on his shaper and thought "I can do that!".

I'm planning on making some on my LMS 5500 bench mill. Key word there is "planning". I have bought some extra holders before, but I didn't have a mill then. And the way I figure it, I'll wind up with a new dovetail cutter even if the toolholders wind up as paperweights, and who doesn't need another specialty tool? Especially cool ones like dovetail cutters? The world turns on specialty tools. It's science.

Might be awhile before I can get to it, though. Life keeps getting in the way. And that's a good thing.

Tom

Back