QCTP knurling holder fix

The problem with my QCTP knurler was that the actual knurls didn't run concentric. I imagine that if I replaced them, the tool would be of some use. I made me a Marlco clone last year that works so well, I'll probably not bother to replace them. Here's a pick of my knurler:

View attachment 306786
Could you share more info and pictures of this please?

Could you share more info and pictures of this please?

Okay. It has a 4" capacity, and was made with only rudimentary milling capabilities (my "main" mill is a 48" belt sander, although I do have a tool post contraption that can do some). The last two pictures are a sample of its capability. This knurl was done in ONE PASS! Here are the additional pics:

DSCI2016.JPG

DSCI2019.JPG

DSCI2020.JPG

DSCI2021.JPG

Attachments

• DSCI2020.JPG
    DSCI2020.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Thank you for sharing, it looks to be a very capable tool that produces good work. I do still have a question, Whats the purpose for the Handle part?

Thank you for sharing, it looks to be a very capable tool that produces good work. I do still have a question, Whats the purpose for the Handle part?

When you have the wheels touching the work (that's all the top knob does), you pull down the handle. It turns an eccentric shaft that forces the arms holding the knurling wheels into the work to the depth of your knurl (I use medium wheels, so the depth it goes in is 0.060"). The eccentric is what makes the "one-pass" knurl possible.

Back