QCTP Question HF 12x36"

I prefer wedge over piston. The wedge just feels so much better. You should be able to use a BXA but be sure to measure based on the dimensions of a BXA tool holder & centerline of your spindle. With 5/8" capacity you'll have a more wider range of tools that are available to choose from.

The BXA QCTP that came with my PM1236 did not require any machining to the T-nut. The "T-nut" was actually round and it fit my compound slide right out the box. I immediately sold it & got a Dorian BXA Wedge Lock but of course the T-nut had to be machined to fit.

Img_6719.jpg

Img_6708.jpg

Img_6719.jpg

Img_6708.jpg

Now you all are in trouble! The big brown truck dropped my Christmas early :) Lots more stupid questions to follow as I start putting these together.

20121207_180115.jpg 20121207_180144.jpg 20121207_180200.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but a tip concerning parting.
When parting, don't add any coolant part way through the cut, if you do, the coolant can have a tendency to work harden the piece and make parting very difficult and the chances of breaking the blade go up. Either you use coolant from the beginning or you don't, as my father once said," don't change horses mid stream""
Not sure what than really means, probably something to do with being chased by the RCMP back on the farm for running a still.

Now you all are in trouble! The big brown truck dropped my Christmas early :) Lots more stupid questions to follow as I start putting these together.

Congrats! You're going to love using a QCTP. It's one of those things you can't believe you didn't get earlier & would never be without.

Back